Marriage and Family
Marriage at the Supreme Court: Why One-Man, One-Woman State Laws Remain Constitutional
by Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy StudiesINTRODUCTION Early in 2015, the Supreme Court agreed to hear an appeal of a decision in which the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit had upheld the laws in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee that define ... (more)
Family Research Council champions marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society. Properly understood, "families" are formed only by ties of blood, marriage, or adoption, and "marriage" is a union of one man and one woman.
Core Marriage and Family Publications
- The Bible's Teaching on Marriage and Family
- Leviticus, Jesus, and Homosexuality: Some Thoughts on Honest Interpretation
- Why Marriage Should Be Privileged in Public Policy
- Modern Slavery: How to Fight Human Trafficking in Your Community
- The Defense of Marriage Act : What It Does and Why It Is Vital for Traditional Marriage in America
- Who Should Decide How Children Are Educated?
- Debating Homosexuality: Understanding Two Views
- The Bible, The Church, and Homosexuality
Search the Issues
- Questions and Answers about the Proposed Federal 'Equality Act'
- Can There Be 'Compromise' Between Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Non-Discrimination Laws and Religious Liberty Protections?
- Daddy's Girl: How Fatherlessness Impacts Early Sexual Activity, Teen Pregnancy, and Sexual Abuse
- Being Thankful for Adoption