Marriage and Family
Why Do Courts (and the Media) Ignore Federal Precedent on Marriage?
by Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy StudiesAdvocates for changing the fundamental definition of marriage as the union of a man and a woman in order to include homosexual relationships have been encouraged by two recent decisions by federal district court judges. On ... (more)
Should Individuals Who Identify as Transgender Be Permitted to Serve in the Military?
by Mr. Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy StudiesOn June 30, 2016, Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced that effective the next day, July 1, "transgender Service members may serve openly, and they can no longer be discharged or otherwise separated from the military ... (more)
Family Research Council champions marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society. Properly understood, "families" are formed only by ties of blood, marriage, or adoption, and "marriage" is a union of one man and one woman.
Core Marriage and Family Publications
- The Bible's Teaching on Marriage and Family
- Leviticus, Jesus, and Homosexuality: Some Thoughts on Honest Interpretation
- Why Marriage Should Be Privileged in Public Policy
- Modern Slavery: How to Fight Human Trafficking in Your Community
- The Defense of Marriage Act : What It Does and Why It Is Vital for Traditional Marriage in America
- Who Should Decide How Children Are Educated?
- Debating Homosexuality: Understanding Two Views
- The Bible, The Church, and Homosexuality
Search the Issues
- Families, Churches, and Crime Prevention
- Women in Special Ops and Selective Service
- Regulations Regarding Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Family-Friendly Tax Policy: Practical Ideas for Helping Parents