Family Research Council believes that abortion, far from empowering women, is a destructive force in women's lives. Women deserve to be fully informed before making decisions regarding their reproductive and maternal health. Maternal health is improved when women are fully informed about risk factors, prenatal development and care, and pregnancy and postpartum outcomes, including the physical and psychological effects of both medical and surgical abortion. Procedures and topics spanning the wide range of women's reproductive and maternal health, such as egg extraction and fetal pain, require full disclosure of accurate information and potential risks. FRC is opposed to the availability of the morning after pill (or Plan B) and other hormonal drugs over the counter without a prescription. Hormonal medications require the oversight of a physician or medical provider throughout the duration of drug usage, in order to screen for the existence or the subsequent development of contraindications. FRC supports the pregnancy resource center (PRC) movement, which seeks to come alongside women, men, girls, and their families during pregnancy with the provision of accurate information, education, emotional support, and critical resources and referrals. Motherhood in the context of marriage promotes positive health outcomes for women.
- Modern Slavery: How to Fight Human Trafficking in Your Community by J. Robert Flores, Esq.
- Post-Abortion Suffering: A Psychiatrist Looks at the Effects of Abortion by Martha Shuping, Ph.D. and Christopher Gacek, J.D., Ph.D.
- Obama, The U.N. and Women's Rights by William Saunders, J.D. and Michael Fragoso
- Conceiving "Pregnancy" U.S. Medical Dictionaries And Their Definitions of "Conception" and "Pregnancy" by Christopher Gacek, J.D., Ph.D.
- Induced Abortion and Subsequent Preterm Birth by Byron Calhoun, M.D., FACS, FACOG, MBA and Moira Gaul, M.P.H.
- Post Abortion Mental Health
- Freedom of Choice Act Would Harm Women and Remove Protections, by Tom McClusky
- Gardasil: What Every Parent Should Know About the HPV Vaccine by Moira Gaul, M.P.H.
- Politicized Science: the Manipulated Approval of RU-486 and Its Dangers to Women's Health by Chris Gacek, J.D., Ph.D. [Brochure]
- Plan B: A Grave Threat to Women's Health by Moira Gaul, M.P.H., and Chris Gacek, J.D., Ph.D.